Dieting Too Hard= FAILURE
My friend told me that for awhile she's just been....well...eating. No counting, no measuring, no weighing food compulsively, because, you know, that one extra 0.5oz will make you fat Haha And I got to thinking, the past few days I've been keeping track of what I'm eating and counting, but I'm not anal retentive about it. I'm not thinking, OMG if I go over X amount of calories for the day I'm done for! I know my limits and what I need to eat at or below to drop BF. I've noticed that my cravings have gone away and I don't feel hungry inbetween meals. I'm not preoccupied with food. Maybe this change has nothing to do with counting macros, maybe it does. All I know is that I've noticed some changes.
Maybe I've made these changes because I realize that I'm not considered "overweight" by health/medical standards and I have time to drop this extra BF before a wedding. An amply amount of time actually. Where was I going with this?? I have no idea. Wow brain fart. Okay well I'll end there because I obvioulsy have no idea what I was going to say. This kind of stuff happens when you've been taking Tylenol with Codeine for 2 1/2 years HaHa
I will leave you with this though: I was reading Pauline Nordin's blog and there is a section where she does some Q&A's. Two of them caught my eye and really hit home:
Q: How do you stay motivated to train and eat so clean all the time?
A: Well, I don´t rely on motivation, because it comes and goes. I just apply work ethic. I am loyal to myself and my beliefs. I don´t let my emotions run me regarding the choices I make. Sometimes yes it is a battle but I then remind myself who is in charge: me or my instinct as a human being… So I choose to be an intelligent conscious human being, not an animal.
Could that be said any better? What a revalation (at least for me)! Don't rely on motivation because it comes and goes....apply work ethic. That's so good it's going on my Facebook status as a quote LOL
Q: Don´t you miss having some good soul food, ice cream or pizza?
A: No. I don´t miss it because it´s not forbidden. If I want to eat anything of them, I am free to go order it. I just don´t. It does not add any happiness to my life, it gives instant sugar joy but I don´t medicate myself with food. I also love the food I eat every day, I look forward to every meal. So I don´t feel deprived. I´ve done a lot of reflecting upon this for years as well as conditioned my mind, I was not always like this, but practice makes perfect. I won´t say I´ll never have any of those things, I am sure one day or two a year I will have something out of the ordinary, but when I do it will be a planned treat, not a mishappening.
Again, well said! I feel like I'm starting to get into this mindset more and more everyday.
Sleep tight lovlies!
A


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home