OMG It's So Hot
Afternoon! Lord is it hot and humid here! The heat index is at 103 right now and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Needless to say, I'm staying indoors today! My Super Charge Me cookies came out really well last night! I don't know if they taste better because I flattened them this time and they baked better or because of the Splenda Granular I added to them. My "I Heart Muffins" didn't come out so well though. I wasn't sure how many they made so I put the batter into 6 large muffin tins. I was concerned how they were going to bake before I even put them in the oven because they just didn't have a muffin-like type batter.
I can't blame the way they came out all on the ingredients though....because I totally forgot to set the timer on the oven! I was in the process of making dinner for us at the same time and had one time already set for the boiling pasta. When that timer went off and I hit "cancel" for the timer, I realized that I also canceled the muffins and that I'd never set a timer for them! I pulled them out right away because I was sure they'd been in there longer than 15 minutes. And judging by how hard they are I'm going to guess they were in there much longer than 15 minutes! They tastes really good and they aren't burnt, but they are hard as rocks! I'm wondering if I put them in the microwave if they'll soften up and the chocolate chips will melt. MMmm melted chocolate!
We didn't get up this morning til 11am! But I blame that on (a) my not falling asleep til 2:30am because my back hurt and the pain pills did nothing (b) William making noise all night (he slept on the floor in my room with us) (c) the damn dog woke us up at 5am by putting his front paws up on the bed and whining because he had to pee (d) then at 10:30am he wakes us up again because he's throwing up on my rug!!!! Needless to say, it was a hell of a night.
After we got up, Jeff left with my truck to package his road bike up and take it in my truck somewhere (I'm not really sure what he's doing LOL) and I got my Tae Bo workout in for the day. Just finished eating breakfast....at 1am...because I do my cardio fasted. Not sure what we're doing the rest of the day but we better be staying indoors because it's awful out!
Update: Just heard from Jeff. He has to go to the bank to redo the loan for his car or something. All I know is that means I can take some pain pills, lay down on the couch, ice my back, and read a book until he comes home. The pain I've been having for the past three days is almost as bad as when I was first diagnosed with all these problems. I'm more curious as to what caused the relapse instead of when will it go away.
I can't blame the way they came out all on the ingredients though....because I totally forgot to set the timer on the oven! I was in the process of making dinner for us at the same time and had one time already set for the boiling pasta. When that timer went off and I hit "cancel" for the timer, I realized that I also canceled the muffins and that I'd never set a timer for them! I pulled them out right away because I was sure they'd been in there longer than 15 minutes. And judging by how hard they are I'm going to guess they were in there much longer than 15 minutes! They tastes really good and they aren't burnt, but they are hard as rocks! I'm wondering if I put them in the microwave if they'll soften up and the chocolate chips will melt. MMmm melted chocolate!
We didn't get up this morning til 11am! But I blame that on (a) my not falling asleep til 2:30am because my back hurt and the pain pills did nothing (b) William making noise all night (he slept on the floor in my room with us) (c) the damn dog woke us up at 5am by putting his front paws up on the bed and whining because he had to pee (d) then at 10:30am he wakes us up again because he's throwing up on my rug!!!! Needless to say, it was a hell of a night.
After we got up, Jeff left with my truck to package his road bike up and take it in my truck somewhere (I'm not really sure what he's doing LOL) and I got my Tae Bo workout in for the day. Just finished eating breakfast....at 1am...because I do my cardio fasted. Not sure what we're doing the rest of the day but we better be staying indoors because it's awful out!
Update: Just heard from Jeff. He has to go to the bank to redo the loan for his car or something. All I know is that means I can take some pain pills, lay down on the couch, ice my back, and read a book until he comes home. The pain I've been having for the past three days is almost as bad as when I was first diagnosed with all these problems. I'm more curious as to what caused the relapse instead of when will it go away.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home