Bridal Bootcamp, Billy Style

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Buh Bye Blondie!

It's official, today is the day I go back to being a brunette! I'm not sure what shade I want to do or if I'm going to keep blonde highlights in it. I have three favorite colors and they're all very different: Mandy Moore's color, Victoria Beckham's color, and Eva Longoria's color. My natural hair color, I think, is a light brown. I haven't seen my natural hair color fully on my head since Junior year of high school which was 7 years ago! Crazy! After discussing shades and colors that compliment my skin tone with my stylist I'll make my final decision.

Last night I slept a bit better back-wise but I tossed and turned from 4-4:30am and decided to stop fighting the sleeplessness and read the rest of "Lucky Streak" by Carly Phillips. It's her new book in the "Lucky" series and it was really good! Glad I bought it. I just picked up 6 more books from the library yesterday, some of Carly's and some of Lori Foster's, so I have hours of endless reading to keep me busy for the new week. I'm starting "Say No To Joe?" by Lori Foster today. I have a feeling I'll be sitting under the dryer at the salon for quite some time so I may as well use my time wisely! :o)

I was exhausted when I woke up at 9am since I was up from 4-6am and I highly debated sleeping in and not working out. But Willie heard my alarm go off and got out of his bed to put his front paws up on my bed and tell me good morning. By this point I realized I'd only get 30 more minutes of sleep if I slept in and I was pretty awake. So I decided to push through and get in a Tae Bo workout before getting my hair done. I did Turbo Fat Burner (the short 30 min. workout on the Ultimate Tae Bo dvd) with the Amplifier bar. WOW did I feel the burn! I also used the Amplifier bar yesterday while doing the Jump Start Cardio workout from the Amped series.

I haven't used the Amplifier bar in over 6 months, almost a year probably, and boy did I feel the difference it makes! I'm reluctant to use it because with my Scoliosis and other laundry list of back problems, my shoulders/back/should blades/arms are all unaligned so using a straight bar held in both hands makes twisting with it kinda awkward. But I was tired of using the 1lb hand weights taken off the red weighted resistance bands and I felt I needed to step out and challenge myself. So I used the Amplifier bar yesterday and today and boy are my delts and abs feeling it! Love it!

I've been continuing to eat around the 1600-1700 calorie range for the past 2-3 weeks and the good news is that my cravings have gone away almost totally, I'm loving eating whole foods, and my weight has remained steady around 128-130. I'd say I've figured out what my daily calories are for weight maintenance so now I have to cut them down to start dropping. I'm not going to do anything drastic like Oxygen's 21 day plan again because I've learned that fast fixes, which seem nice and convenient, don't work for me. I need something that I don't have to stress about each day because then I focus on food too much and on what I cannot have. And when I can't have something I want it more and I feel deprived. Which leads to binge eating. No bueno! So starting next Sunday I'll begin to decrease my allotted daily calories--slowly!

Time to get ready to leave for my hair apt!!!! But one more thing: I must say I am very shocked as to how much leaner I look and feel and how well you can see my abs popping although the scale read 130lbs today!? I'm not complaining, but it would be more reassuring if the scale started to drop. But I can't complain, things are fitting better and I'm feeling better! :o)

Have a great one!
A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home