Sunday Funday!
Well I opened the tab to start a new post 30 minutes ago but I was playing around on MixMyGranola.com mixing my own granola and now it's time to go hop on the treadmill and do some yoga. I'm resting today because my whole body is sore from training and/or Tae Bo. Just doing some like walking on the treadmill for 40 minutes followed by some yoga.
Be back later to update!
Back! Well my "rest" day ended up being a sweaty rest day but that's okay :o) A little sweat is always good. I did 30 minutes of walking at 4mph on the treadmill. I was going to go longer but my inner knees were hurting pretty bad. I've noticed this is happening more and more with walking/jogging on the treadmill. If I take a walk outside I'm okay, even if it's at a faster pace. But for some reason on the treadmill it bothers me. So I did that then I did 40 minutes of yoga.
I was on Eat, Live, Run's blog earlier today and found a recipe for Engagement Scampi. I deiced since I had no idea what to make for dinner that I'd make this. WOW! It was so good! I made gave one of the servings to Mom and of course she bitched that it didn't have enough sauce to it or enough shrimp. This woman could suck down so much food it's insane. Her diet is awful as are her portion sizes so what was really filling to me was a smaller amount to her. Her taste buds also only know highly processed food's tastes so this was bland to her. She totally ruined what I made and put Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette dressing on it! WTF? That doesn't even remotely pair with the flavoring of the dish! This is why I never cook for my family. They don't know good tatse. All they know is the way highly processed food tastes.
I did sub out the butter for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter's fat free spread and used Annie Chun's soba noodles for the angel hair pasta. I also had to use a rose merlot instead of white wine because I had an open bottle of Sutter Home Rose Merlot and figured I'd use that instead of buy a whole new bottle for just 2oz of wine. I'm sure it would have been much richer if I'd used full fat butter but I had the ICBINB here (which is just mine that no one else uses) and didn't want to waste it. And instead of Italian bread I picked up Companion's Ciabatta bread at our grocersy store. Companion is a local bakery here in St. Louis and Dierberg's carries their bread. The fresh bread was SO good! I also enjoyed a 6oz class of rose merlot with dinner. It was perfect!
Tonight I'm off to a friend's outdoor volleyball game with Jeff. Glad I get to sit because my tummy is so full right now! I don't even want to think about food the rest of the night! Okay...that's a lie haha
xoxo
A
Be back later to update!
Back! Well my "rest" day ended up being a sweaty rest day but that's okay :o) A little sweat is always good. I did 30 minutes of walking at 4mph on the treadmill. I was going to go longer but my inner knees were hurting pretty bad. I've noticed this is happening more and more with walking/jogging on the treadmill. If I take a walk outside I'm okay, even if it's at a faster pace. But for some reason on the treadmill it bothers me. So I did that then I did 40 minutes of yoga.
I was on Eat, Live, Run's blog earlier today and found a recipe for Engagement Scampi. I deiced since I had no idea what to make for dinner that I'd make this. WOW! It was so good! I made gave one of the servings to Mom and of course she bitched that it didn't have enough sauce to it or enough shrimp. This woman could suck down so much food it's insane. Her diet is awful as are her portion sizes so what was really filling to me was a smaller amount to her. Her taste buds also only know highly processed food's tastes so this was bland to her. She totally ruined what I made and put Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette dressing on it! WTF? That doesn't even remotely pair with the flavoring of the dish! This is why I never cook for my family. They don't know good tatse. All they know is the way highly processed food tastes.
I did sub out the butter for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter's fat free spread and used Annie Chun's soba noodles for the angel hair pasta. I also had to use a rose merlot instead of white wine because I had an open bottle of Sutter Home Rose Merlot and figured I'd use that instead of buy a whole new bottle for just 2oz of wine. I'm sure it would have been much richer if I'd used full fat butter but I had the ICBINB here (which is just mine that no one else uses) and didn't want to waste it. And instead of Italian bread I picked up Companion's Ciabatta bread at our grocersy store. Companion is a local bakery here in St. Louis and Dierberg's carries their bread. The fresh bread was SO good! I also enjoyed a 6oz class of rose merlot with dinner. It was perfect!
Tonight I'm off to a friend's outdoor volleyball game with Jeff. Glad I get to sit because my tummy is so full right now! I don't even want to think about food the rest of the night! Okay...that's a lie haha
xoxo
A


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home