Bridal Bootcamp, Billy Style

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Get Amped!

So much to catch up on! Yesterday after my massage my back did feel better but I still felt so tired and blah. I came home, ate a sandwich made with Companion ciabatta bread (I'm so addicted to this stuff!), my natural cheese, and Hormel natural turkey meat along with an orange. I wanted to use some Nayonaise but I didn't have any left so I decided to make a list and go to Whole Foods.

Geez, remind me to never go on the highways around 5pm every again! Luckily I was going mostly against rush hour traffic but there were still too many people for my liking on the roads. Made it to Whole Foods in about 40 minutes and got my shopping done pretty quickly. It was packed! I hate going there when it's packed because the aisles are so narrow. I picked up more than I came for because everything there looks so cool and I want to try it :o) I was starving by the time I left so I ate half of the Honest Foods Pomegranate Walnut Crips plank. Half of it, which didn't seem like much food but was very filling, has 190 calories. So I knew not to suck the whole thing down.

After I got home and unloaded, I ate the left over portion of the Engagement Scampi for dinner. Then I decided to whip up the Super-Charge Me cookies recipee I found online yesterday afternoon. I wanted to cut back on the calorie content of them so I subbed out the canola oil for No Sugar Added Applesauce. Usually you can do an exact substitute (ie: 2 TB oil = 2 TB applesauce) but they were pretty dry with only 2 TB. So I slowly added more and more applesauce in until it was moist enough. I think I added about 1/2 cup total in. Boy were they sticky! Maybe it was because I used the applesauce instead of the oil, but it was a bear trying to press them onto the parchment paper while trying to keep them off my hands! Then ended up pretty good though! I could use them a tad bit sweeter but considering there isn't any sweetener in it they were pretty good! I think I may add some Splenda Granular (as much as I try to avoid Splenda) or stevia to them next time.

That about wraps up yesterday. I did sleep better last night although I took some 5-HTP, Midol, and my pain pills before bed. For some reason Midol knocks my butt out, which makes zero sense considering it has caffeine in it! It makes me feel like you do when you take cold medicine. Kinda groggy and drowsy. Which sucks because I can't ever take it during the day when I could really use the debloating aspect of it.

Anyways, got to bed around midnight but woke up at 2:30am because I drank so much tea before bed last night that I was peeing like a race horse! I went back to sleep around 3:30am because I read a chapter of my newest book, Just a Hint--Clint by Lori Foster. Very good read so far!!! I slept well until 8am when Mr. Willie woke me up again whining because Mom had left for the morning. Dad was still here getting ready in their room but Mr. William doesn't like to be left alone. Because I'm the exact same way, I understand how he feels and brought him into my room Haha We cuddled up and went back to bed until 10:30am.

I was going to get up at 9am and workout but when that alarm went off I was dead tired still and reset it. So I got up at 10:30am, got in a FABULOUS Tae Bo workout (Jump Start Cardio from the Amped series) and just finished my post workout meal. I'm debating on doing upper body training in a bit. I have no reason not to...it's just getting that motivation to workout again.

Tonight nothing big is planned. I am making the Engagement Scampi again for dinner tonight, this time for Jeff and I. I've finally gotten him to eat shrimp (the only sea food he'll eat) and I loved the recipe so much I want to make it again. So that'll be our dinner. I do need to run to Dierbergs and get more bread because there isn't much left to the loaf from Sunday. It's so good! I had two slices with some cashew butter along with some egg beaters and cheese for my post workout meal. So delish!

Make it a great day!
A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home