Bridal Bootcamp, Billy Style

Friday, July 24, 2009

Let's Play Catch Up

Recap of what's been going on:
  • Back Update: it's getting worse and I'm realizing that doing any type of Tae Bo kick to the left is getting harder and harder. Side Contraction Kicks to the left are becoming harder for me because my left leg is feeling weaker, as is my whole left side through my abs. Left crosses are also becoming harder because I feel like my left side of my back is getting tighter and tighter, preventing me from rotating as much as I should. Side knee raises to the left are also getting harder. (all images from billyblanks.com)


When I get my injections next Thursday I'm going to ask my orthopedic surgeon if she thinks going to physical therapy will help this problem. I'm fearing that eventually my left side is going to get so tight that I won't be able to do Tae Bo at all. I'd rather deal with pain every day than not being able to do Tae Bo. It really is a huge joy in my life.

I mentioned this increasing stiffness to my chiro today and he asked me if I've ever taken a week or two off of working out/Tae Bo. I did last fall when I got my injections and personally I think it made me more stiff and sore. Although, considering I just had two needles shoved in my spine along with Cortisone stuck in me, that may have played into my stiffness. I'm going to ask Dr. Prather Thursday if she thinks taking a whole week off of Tae Bo will do me any good after my injections. I won't be able to sit totally still though (a) because I feel too lazy sitting all day (b) I will get stiff not moving around much, so I'll continue to do yoga and take walks during the day and/or do my Walk Away The Pounds dvds. At least those do create some sweat but don't inflict too much stress on my spine from kicking and twisting.

  • Work Update: work is going great!!! I'm really enjoying what I'm doing and spending those 4-5 hours with Mom on Mondays at work is fun. Ever since my brother came along she's changed and hasn't been the same happy 24/7 person she used to be. But at work since Adam isn't around and he's with someone who's taking care of him, she totally forgets about all the stress he creates and is the mom I used to know. She's fun, she laughs, she isn't stressed or moody. I can have her full attention and she actual listens to me! At home I honestly cannot find 2 minutes to talk to her without being interrupted by Adam. She lets him butt right into a conversation we're having and lets him talk and ignores what anyone else is saying. When he's around she has a one track mind and it's totally focused on him. She's obsessed with knowing what he's doing/interfering in what he's doing/and talking to him 24/7 when he's around.
  • GI Issues Update: the pills she gave me suck and do not work! They worked the first two days and that was it. I've realizing they're causing me to retain water, become crampy, bloated, and has discomfort quite often. I've tried cutting down on the dosage but it didn't do any good. And they aren't even doing what they're supposed to be doing. I think I was better off without them. Today was the first day I went without them and I feel better than I have within the past two weeks. My doc wanted me to come back in a month or two for a follow up apt. and I decided to make that apt. today. I really should have made it sooner because the soonest she can see me is September 21st!!!! At least it gives me awhile to play around with the medicine to see if it works or not. But I'm still doubtful.
  • Jeff's birthday last Saturday was fun. I got some yoga in when I got up (I was too stiff to do Tae Bo) and then we ran some errands. I came home from 4-5pm for Adam's family birthday party then left at 5pm and headed to Jeff's. He was finishing up working on his car (what a way to spend your birthday!) and then we went to Shogun (a Chinese restaurant where they cook on the tables in front of you) for dinner. We chose to sit at the regular tables because we've been there enough to not need the whole show. This way we got to talk too :o) I got crazy and decided to try a class of Pinot Grigio and ended up loving it!!! I also got some sushi and a spring roll appetizer. Both were delish but I couldn't finish all the sushi after sharing the spring rolls with Jeff. After dinner we went to Schunucks and I was hoping they'd have my coconut ice cream but they didn't. So I settled on Ben and Jerry's FroYo Half Baked. It was yummy! I missed it!
That's about it. Did some lighter Tae Bo today after the chiro and my back has been feeling better. At least better than it did yesterday! I was up last night and the night before around 4am in pretty bad pain. And considering I don't have enough pain pills to last me through the week after my injections (I'm in more pain the few days after them than normal), I had to save up what I do have left for that week. I have about 4 pills left for the next 5 days and I'm used to taking 4 pills on a bad day. Luckily I do have a bunch of Tramadol left so I won't be totally SOL.

Time for din!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home