Bridal Bootcamp, Billy Style

Saturday, July 4, 2009

I Need Morphine, Stat!

Sweet Lord, I have never hurt as bad as I did last night in over a year. And that even include the pain I felt after my first set of injections (thank you Dr. Prather for never telling me that my spine would hurt worse than it does from normal pain after the injections!). I was great all day yesterday except for a few shooting sharp pains when I'd bend over (they kind of froze me in place for a few seconds--never good) and I even went shopping at Whole Foods with one of my MOH and spent a lot of time driving. And when I got home I was still pain free.

By the time I got in bed and read for 30 minutes I started hurting pretty bad. I took some Tramadol and continued to read. I couldn't sleep and had an awful headache (I never get headaches) because I drank a venti Cafe Americano from Starbucks yesterday evening when Jess and I went there to catch up. A venti has four shots of espresso. I used to be able to drink one, sometimes two, a day when I was at Mizzou. I needed the caffeine to keep me going. After I drank it last night I was ready to jump out of my skin and by the time I got home I started getting an awful headache and I noticed I was clenching my jaw. I guess I should mention that I stopped drinking coffee all together about a month ago. So this really did me in.

I finally got tired around 2am and tossed and turned until 2:30am because the Tramadol did nothing and I was in so much pain. The pain started in my lower back/hips, traveled though my glutes into my femur, into my knees, down my shins and into my ankles and heels. It shot through me with a pulsing feeling and was so painful. I eventually put a memory foam pillow under my lower back, which usually helps alleviate any pain, but it only did a tiny bit of good last night. I think I was so exhausted from tossing and turning that I eventually just dozed off. Or maybe it was the constant praying I was doing, begging for just a few hours of sleep.

Well a few hours is just what I got. I awoke around 3:30am in much more pain than I was in before. It hurt so bad to get out of bed but I did and took some more Tramadol along with some Ibuprofen. I knew I couldn't sleep or lay down so I propped some pillows up behind me and started a new book. The reading did help take my mind off the pain and by 6am I was feeling pain free and was getting very tired. I slept great from 6-11am! Woke up pain free and feeling great! What the heck?! I don't question God, I just thank him for when I'm pain free! :o)

I started my morning feeling exhausted from such a crazy sleep schedule last night and with an Amazing Grass shake. I got bananas last night so I was excited to try a new version of my shake. I mixed 4oz almond milk, stevia, 30g BSN Lean Dessert Banana Bread flavor, 70g frozen blueberries, 3oz banana, and 14g peanut butter together with an Amazing Grass sample packet. YUMMY!!!! I can't taste the grass at all nor do I feel the texture of it in my mouth. I think next time I'll throw some ice cubes in it though because I had to add some water to the mixture because it was so thick and batter-like.

I'm finishing up the shake now and getting ready to head downstairs to do a Tae Bo lower body training workout. My knee is feeling better today with only a slight amount of pain and because I'm stubborn I'm going to push through it and workout. I'm feeling energized and pain free so I have no excuse not to workout! :o) Have a great 4th!

2 Comments:

  • At July 6, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    IT WORKS! lol I'm sooooo sorry you are hurting & I hope by today you are getting some relief!

    I picked up some Barlean's Greens this weekend since I'm such a veggie slacker! I dont know how it compares to the Amazing Grass but it's WAY cheaper! I toss it in my morning shakes.

     
  • At July 7, 2009 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

    Where did you get your greens? I'm totally willing to try it if it's cheaper! I was shocked how expensive Amazing Grass was but since I got the discount I figured I'd try it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home