Lookin' Good!
Wow, I've been away from blogging for about two weeks! After my injection (only got one this time), I spent the next few days resting up and lying down a lot. Shockingly, I had almost zero pain from the injection! My doc put it in my left S1 joint instead of on both sides of my L5 vertebra. I made the mistake of looking at the needle before she stuck it in...holy batman! This thing looked about as thick as a crocheting needle! Luckily I was all numbed up before she stuck me. I did take the seven day steroid pack following the injection and I didn't get the nasty side effects that I used to.
It's been two weeks to the day (Thursday) and I have noticed an improvement in my level of pain. I do still get pretty stiff during the day, especially when I wake up in the morning, but the knife twisting feeling in my L5 area seems to be gone for the most part. I feel it more now in my butt/hips/legs. And it is more of an ache, kinda like "growing pains" if any of you have experienced those as children. Dr. Prather told me to follow up with a phone call to her in three weeks which will be next Thursday. I'm hoping I feel even better in a week. The injections can take up to 2 weeks to fully kick in and today marks two weeks. And I noticed today I've had a huge improvement in my pain level so fingers crossed this next week brings even more pain relief!
So more good news....I'm down to 126.5!!!! How did that happen with Jeff and I'd weekly Whole Foods cheese pizza, coconut ice cream, cookie eating treats? I have no idea! Also, I took the whole week off after my injections from working out! I did do hot/power yoga five times that week and one day I did Walk Away The Pounds 5 mile walk but that was it. I was really worried that I was going to feel a lot of relief and have little back pain because I wasn't doing Tae Bo, but I still had a significant amount. So I'm really relieved to know that doing Tae Bo isn't adding to my pain. Whew, thank you Jesus! This past week started my getting back into Tae Bo but I'm taking it easy. Sunday I did power yoga, Monday was Tae Bo but one of the "easier" (haha, ya right!) workouts without bands or weights, Tuesday I did "Rockin' Buns" with the Amplifier and it left me barely able to walk Wednesday, so Wednesday I settled on Tae Bo T3 Target Training workout for bis/tris, chest/shoulders, and back. And yes, I'm feeling the burn today.
I was going to do a Tae Bo workout that was pure cardio today but my Plantar Fasciitis has been acting up the past few days and per my podiatrists requests I took the day off from Tae Bo to do 70 minutes of hot yoga. It left me feeling energized yet relaxed and sweaty! Gotta love sweat! :o)
I did finally set up another appointment with my podiatrist for next week. I'm starting to think this could be more/something other than Plantar Fasciitis. I've been looking on medical sites online and found out that it could be a stress fracture or something more to do with the muscles in my foot/arch. This has been going on for a year and for the most part it hasn't gone away. If my doc cannot offer me any other options I'll look for a new doc. I'm also thinking it's not PF because my pain is solely in the highest part of my arch, not in my heel.
Okay, now that I've written enough for a book when I was intending one paragraph, it's time for bed....at 4am haha I've gotten into a really nasty habit of staying up late reading and getting up late. I've nothing else to do? Does it really matter? ;o)
G'night!
It's been two weeks to the day (Thursday) and I have noticed an improvement in my level of pain. I do still get pretty stiff during the day, especially when I wake up in the morning, but the knife twisting feeling in my L5 area seems to be gone for the most part. I feel it more now in my butt/hips/legs. And it is more of an ache, kinda like "growing pains" if any of you have experienced those as children. Dr. Prather told me to follow up with a phone call to her in three weeks which will be next Thursday. I'm hoping I feel even better in a week. The injections can take up to 2 weeks to fully kick in and today marks two weeks. And I noticed today I've had a huge improvement in my pain level so fingers crossed this next week brings even more pain relief!
So more good news....I'm down to 126.5!!!! How did that happen with Jeff and I'd weekly Whole Foods cheese pizza, coconut ice cream, cookie eating treats? I have no idea! Also, I took the whole week off after my injections from working out! I did do hot/power yoga five times that week and one day I did Walk Away The Pounds 5 mile walk but that was it. I was really worried that I was going to feel a lot of relief and have little back pain because I wasn't doing Tae Bo, but I still had a significant amount. So I'm really relieved to know that doing Tae Bo isn't adding to my pain. Whew, thank you Jesus! This past week started my getting back into Tae Bo but I'm taking it easy. Sunday I did power yoga, Monday was Tae Bo but one of the "easier" (haha, ya right!) workouts without bands or weights, Tuesday I did "Rockin' Buns" with the Amplifier and it left me barely able to walk Wednesday, so Wednesday I settled on Tae Bo T3 Target Training workout for bis/tris, chest/shoulders, and back. And yes, I'm feeling the burn today.
I was going to do a Tae Bo workout that was pure cardio today but my Plantar Fasciitis has been acting up the past few days and per my podiatrists requests I took the day off from Tae Bo to do 70 minutes of hot yoga. It left me feeling energized yet relaxed and sweaty! Gotta love sweat! :o)
I did finally set up another appointment with my podiatrist for next week. I'm starting to think this could be more/something other than Plantar Fasciitis. I've been looking on medical sites online and found out that it could be a stress fracture or something more to do with the muscles in my foot/arch. This has been going on for a year and for the most part it hasn't gone away. If my doc cannot offer me any other options I'll look for a new doc. I'm also thinking it's not PF because my pain is solely in the highest part of my arch, not in my heel.
Okay, now that I've written enough for a book when I was intending one paragraph, it's time for bed....at 4am haha I've gotten into a really nasty habit of staying up late reading and getting up late. I've nothing else to do? Does it really matter? ;o)
G'night!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home