Round 4?
I talked to my chiro today and asked him what his feelings were if my orthopedic surgeon suggested another round of spinal injections. He told me it depends on how I'm feeling and if I feel I need it. I'm more than willing to give it another go. I asked Mom what she thought because they're the ones paying for it and it isn't cheap! And I've already gone through this three times within the last year. Mom said the cost doesn't matter to her. She said her and Dad would never deny me anything that could possibly help my back. So if my O.S. does suggest injections again when I see her tomorrow, then it's a go!
Getting them isn't the greatest feeling in the world, but she numbs my spine in the two spots she sticks the needle and medicine in first. I get them really low on my back around my L5 vertebra and she puts the numbing needles on those two little bones you can feel on your lower back/upper butt. I think it's your pelvic bone but I'm not sure. I can feel the needle hit the bone, especially when she moves it around on me, but it's not too bad. I expected A LOT worse! The feeling of the medicine going in doesn't feel too good but it's not as bad as when the needle goes in.
The cool part is that she has a metal rod that looks like a crocheting needle that she lays on my back (I'm belly down this whole time on an operating table). Then there are two screens on a stand in front of the head of the table. The rod she has on me some how produces a live xray of my spine and I can watch the whole procedure on the screens! I can even watch the dye go into my joints when she injects it! Pretty cool, huh? It sounds kinda creepy but it's also really neat how they have so much technology nowadays!
I got a great Tae Bo workout in after the chiro today using the Amplifier bar and then I did 15 minutes of Power Yoga to help stretch out my hip flexors and spine. I've found it really helps loosen me up for the rest of the day. On a crazy note, my right shoulder blade (or the muscles around it) have been going numb and tingling all evening?!
I'm feeling quite tired at the moment because of the Tramadol I took earlier so I think I'm going to read and maybe get to bed earlier tonight. I have to get up pretty early to get to my doctor's by 11am because she's about 45 minutes away. Blah.
Night!
Getting them isn't the greatest feeling in the world, but she numbs my spine in the two spots she sticks the needle and medicine in first. I get them really low on my back around my L5 vertebra and she puts the numbing needles on those two little bones you can feel on your lower back/upper butt. I think it's your pelvic bone but I'm not sure. I can feel the needle hit the bone, especially when she moves it around on me, but it's not too bad. I expected A LOT worse! The feeling of the medicine going in doesn't feel too good but it's not as bad as when the needle goes in.
The cool part is that she has a metal rod that looks like a crocheting needle that she lays on my back (I'm belly down this whole time on an operating table). Then there are two screens on a stand in front of the head of the table. The rod she has on me some how produces a live xray of my spine and I can watch the whole procedure on the screens! I can even watch the dye go into my joints when she injects it! Pretty cool, huh? It sounds kinda creepy but it's also really neat how they have so much technology nowadays!
I got a great Tae Bo workout in after the chiro today using the Amplifier bar and then I did 15 minutes of Power Yoga to help stretch out my hip flexors and spine. I've found it really helps loosen me up for the rest of the day. On a crazy note, my right shoulder blade (or the muscles around it) have been going numb and tingling all evening?!
I'm feeling quite tired at the moment because of the Tramadol I took earlier so I think I'm going to read and maybe get to bed earlier tonight. I have to get up pretty early to get to my doctor's by 11am because she's about 45 minutes away. Blah.
Night!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home