It's Been Too Long
So I've totally fallen off the posting wagon! I used to be in such a good habit of posting every day and you'd think now that I'm down to 120.5lbs that I'd be posting more because of all my success. Nope, I'm just really forgetful! haha My next goal is to get to 115 then see how I'm looking and feeling and decide if I want to lean out more.
I've learned to finally balance my diet and eat healthy and mindfully 6 days a week then on Saturday's Jeff and I usually get a cheese pizza from Whole Foods. The first time we got it we each at half, which was about 6 pieces each! Ever since then, I can only finish 2-3 pieces. I think my body has realized that, "Hey, it's okay to eat some pizza without feeling guilty." I usually have a small glass of Pinot Grigio with it (I'm in love with Barefoot Wine's Pinot Grigio!) and then sometimes we each get a small shortbread cookie from Whole Foods. Our Saturdays usually consist of running errands and then out to Whole Foods to pick up our dinner/dessert.
Health-wise I'm doing okay. That last round of injections did no good though and my planter fasciitis is still bothering me. When I called my doc's nurse three weeks post-injection to report how I was doing, she told me Dr. P suggested I do another round in September. That was a red flag to me. I've had a totally of seven injections from July 2008-July 2009, and only one of which did any good. Deciding to do another round is something that I think I should take into great consideration since getting all these steroids pumped into my body isn't good for it anyways.
I tried getting in to see the neurologist my mom saw for her neck pain but the nurse pretty much told me that he wouldn't see me. She asked if any of my other ortho's have suggested surgery and I said no. She then proceeded to tell me that if they didn't see anything that needed surgery this doctor wouldn't see me because he only does surgery. I found this ironic since my mom went to him after two other docs told her she needed neck surgery and then this doctor told her she didn't need it--it was all arthritis! And it was arthritis and after a few weeks of PT she felt 100% better!
I have one more doc, another neurologist, to try out before running out of options. It's the doc my chiro suggested to me. It's Dr. Mark's long time friend and Dr. Mark is wonderful so I figured this guy would be good too. I'm slightly hopeful to see him because he isn't big on surgery. I've heard from many otho's and my chiro that way too many people have back surgery and even after they have it they are still in pain, if not more.
Update from above post:
Saw the new neuro, he said he thinks the pain is more related to my Scoliosis...even though Scoliosis normally doesn't cause pain. He referred me to a Scoliosis specialist who I see November 5th. And to add to my laundry list of problems, my right shoulder blade area has been going completely numb during my workouts, be it Tae Bo with or with out bands or weights. I talked to my trainer and she said to continue lifting the weights with my left arm but just go through the motions without a weight on my right arm. Then I'm to ice it after I workout.
As for my trainer, I'm back working with Cathy Savage. She's changed up her team and the way things are done and I'm loving it! Communication is great, the ease of the program is better, and it seems to be a more sensible diet. I'm doing her "Hot For The Holidays" program now until the end of December and then I may continue with the "Lifestyle" plan.
My Planter Fasciitis seems to be doing better despite my wearing 4 inch heels for for hours a few days a week. I just got some beautiful new heels and boots and I love love love wearing them! And of course they're 4 inches! I'll do 3.75" as well, but if I can get 4 inchers I will :o)
Not much going on besides that. I'm so excited for my 13lb weight loss and so motivated to keep it up! This week I'm kicking up the cardio and training and keeping my starches and carbs under wraps because Jeff and I are going to a Halloween party Friday night and I know there will be drinking and "good" junk food involved! This morning was upper body training followed by cardio this evening. Tomorrow is lower body training followed by cardio. I'll be ready for a rest day come this weekend!
Ciao for now!
I've learned to finally balance my diet and eat healthy and mindfully 6 days a week then on Saturday's Jeff and I usually get a cheese pizza from Whole Foods. The first time we got it we each at half, which was about 6 pieces each! Ever since then, I can only finish 2-3 pieces. I think my body has realized that, "Hey, it's okay to eat some pizza without feeling guilty." I usually have a small glass of Pinot Grigio with it (I'm in love with Barefoot Wine's Pinot Grigio!) and then sometimes we each get a small shortbread cookie from Whole Foods. Our Saturdays usually consist of running errands and then out to Whole Foods to pick up our dinner/dessert.
Health-wise I'm doing okay. That last round of injections did no good though and my planter fasciitis is still bothering me. When I called my doc's nurse three weeks post-injection to report how I was doing, she told me Dr. P suggested I do another round in September. That was a red flag to me. I've had a totally of seven injections from July 2008-July 2009, and only one of which did any good. Deciding to do another round is something that I think I should take into great consideration since getting all these steroids pumped into my body isn't good for it anyways.
I tried getting in to see the neurologist my mom saw for her neck pain but the nurse pretty much told me that he wouldn't see me. She asked if any of my other ortho's have suggested surgery and I said no. She then proceeded to tell me that if they didn't see anything that needed surgery this doctor wouldn't see me because he only does surgery. I found this ironic since my mom went to him after two other docs told her she needed neck surgery and then this doctor told her she didn't need it--it was all arthritis! And it was arthritis and after a few weeks of PT she felt 100% better!
I have one more doc, another neurologist, to try out before running out of options. It's the doc my chiro suggested to me. It's Dr. Mark's long time friend and Dr. Mark is wonderful so I figured this guy would be good too. I'm slightly hopeful to see him because he isn't big on surgery. I've heard from many otho's and my chiro that way too many people have back surgery and even after they have it they are still in pain, if not more.
Update from above post:
Saw the new neuro, he said he thinks the pain is more related to my Scoliosis...even though Scoliosis normally doesn't cause pain. He referred me to a Scoliosis specialist who I see November 5th. And to add to my laundry list of problems, my right shoulder blade area has been going completely numb during my workouts, be it Tae Bo with or with out bands or weights. I talked to my trainer and she said to continue lifting the weights with my left arm but just go through the motions without a weight on my right arm. Then I'm to ice it after I workout.
As for my trainer, I'm back working with Cathy Savage. She's changed up her team and the way things are done and I'm loving it! Communication is great, the ease of the program is better, and it seems to be a more sensible diet. I'm doing her "Hot For The Holidays" program now until the end of December and then I may continue with the "Lifestyle" plan.
My Planter Fasciitis seems to be doing better despite my wearing 4 inch heels for for hours a few days a week. I just got some beautiful new heels and boots and I love love love wearing them! And of course they're 4 inches! I'll do 3.75" as well, but if I can get 4 inchers I will :o)
Not much going on besides that. I'm so excited for my 13lb weight loss and so motivated to keep it up! This week I'm kicking up the cardio and training and keeping my starches and carbs under wraps because Jeff and I are going to a Halloween party Friday night and I know there will be drinking and "good" junk food involved! This morning was upper body training followed by cardio this evening. Tomorrow is lower body training followed by cardio. I'll be ready for a rest day come this weekend!
Ciao for now!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home